Active K-12 Substitute Teacher

Substitute Teacher Members

Who We Are: Substitute Teachers are eligible to join CEA-NEA with all the regular benefits and services of teacher members, and are occasionally eligible to join a Local Association if it has a Substitute Teacher category. Substitute teachers generally pay half dues because they work part-time. If you do not belong to a Local Association, you will also pay a UniServ Service Fee. You can join at any time during the year. Substitute teachers who accept “permanent sub” or “long term” assignments are required to become full-time regular members. 

How to Join Us: Learn more about the benefits of membership from the Association Representative (AR) in your school. Your AR will know if you are in the teacher bargaining unit and eligible to belong to the Local Association, and will have dues information and can assist you in completing the appropriate forms if you decide to join. Your Local Association may use the CEA-NEA Membership Form (which you can download here) or the AR may give you a local form to complete. You'll pay your dues by electronic fund transfer and can download the EFT Form here. If you work in a school district or BOCES without an active CEA Local Association, or cannot locate your AR for any reason, click here for a map of our state UniServ Offices and ask the local staff about belonging. Contact CEA Membership by email or call 303-837-1500 (1-800-332-5939) for membership information.

We hope you will join fellow substitute teachers who have decided to join their national, state and local professional associations that work collectively to help every student thrive.