2018 CEA Summer Leadership Conference
June 11-13, 2018 | Breckenridge, CO
GROW: Leadership, Capacity, Influence
Educators stand in a singular place in their ability and responsibility to impact the lives of vulnerable populations and those with limited resources. This year, the conference will address Association growth through the lens of how our work addresses a diverse range of interests and public education priorities under the theme GROW: Leadership, Capacity, Influence.
Our educators and communities are clamoring to be heard by local districts and at the state legislature. As in year’s past, we will hold our provocative conversations in the heart of Colorado, where we have an opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives to GROW together. With a potential contentious gubernatorial race this year and a public education system that is constantly changing and being challenged, it’s crucial that we all unite our voices at the 2018 SLC conference for the sake of educators and students across Colorado.
Sessions this year will address the following questions:
- How can we continue identifying and building a new generation of Association leaders that will affect positive changes in public education?
- How can we develop the capacity of educators and communities to unite their voices and advocate for students and their families?
- How can the local Associations increase their influence across community and political landscapes in the interest of members and the kids they work with every day?
To learn more about the conference, download the official 2018 SLC brochure. Please note that the official brochure is not print-friendly. However, if you wish to print out a list of the sessions, download this print-friendly document.
Grants to Attend Summer Leadership Conference
CEA is pleased to offer two types of grants to assist members with expenses to attend the Summer Leadership Conference. Please review the information on the grant types below.
1. General Leadership Grant (30 grants available) – All CEA Members are eligible to apply for the General Leadership Grants. The total value of each grant is $425, which consists of the following:
- Waived conference registration fee ($200 value)
- Stipend of $225 to help cover your housing, transportation, and meals not provided as part of the conference.
2. Local Officer Team Leadership Grant (10 grants available - each funds a two-person team) – Only officers of local associations with fewer than 400 members are eligible to apply for the Local Officer Team Leadership Grants. The goal of these grants is to provide an opportunity for two officers from a small local association to be able to attend Summer Leadership Conference as a team in order to gain skills to help the local thrive. The total value of each grant is $850, which consists of the following:
- Waived conference registration fee for each officer ($400 value)
- Stipend of $450 to help cover your housing, transportation, and meals not provided as part of the conference.
Each member of the two-officer team wishing to be considered for the Local Officer Team Leadership Grant must submit their own grant application. If each officer does not submit their own application, the local's application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
CLICK HERE to apply for either type of grant.
As in years past, CEA welcomes our partners to host vendor/exhibitor tables at Summer Leadership Conference. Our conference averages over 200 participants and strongly encourages them to stop by all tables. We will provide further details about vendor/exhibitor registration on April 23, 2018.
- April 17 – Grant applications are due
- April 23 – SLC online registration opens
- May 24 – SLC online registration closes
- June 11 – Conference begins
- June 13 – Conference concludes
If you have questions concerning the 2018 CEA Summer Leadership Conference, please email Casey Kilpatrick, Director of Learning Services at the Colorado Education Association.