Let’s Get Out the Vote!
On Friday, October 16th at 5:00 PM, join members across Colorado for a virtual rally to get out the vote for this upcoming election! We’ll hear from candidates and speakers and talk about what’s at stake in this election as we fight for the public schools our students and educators deserve.
On the Ballot: Propositions 116 & 117
Propositions 116 and 117 are essentially tax cuts for corporations and the wealthiest few in Colorado. This will mean immediate cuts to our public schools, healthcare, transportation, and many other public services that our communities rely on. Working families should not be footing the bills for big businesses, and without this tax revenue, our public schools and our students will once again be starved of the public education funding we need.
We recommend you vote NO on Propositions 116 and 117.
Voting Resources and Reminders
- Visit www.cea.yourvoter.guide for voting information and candidate and ballot initiative recommendations.
- Check out CEA’s statewide ballot measure recommendations.
- Visit www.justvotecolorado.org for information on voter service centers, ballot drop boxes, and other voting FAQs.
- Visit www.govotecolorado.com for voting information from Colorado’s Secretary of State.
- Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters in Colorado starting October 9.
- The last day to register to vote and still receive a ballot in the mail is October 26.
Tell Your Story: Why Funding Public Education Matters
We want to hear from you about why funding our public schools matters to you, your students, and our communities. In the ongoing debate around public education, it’s educator voices like yours that matter. Use the Storyvine app and the provided directions to easily record and submit a video.
Fall Member Forums
We want to hear your #EducatorVoice! As a member-driven and member-led organization, CEA wants to hear your thoughts and ideas about how we can tackle the challenges Colorado’s educators and public schools are facing.
Lunch Break with Amie & Kevin: Your Voice Needed
This October is packed full of opportunities to make our voices heard, both through our union and through this upcoming election.
As always, if you have content ideas, or if you have a colleague who goes above and beyond and needs a shout out or if you have ideas on how we can improve the CEA Today, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.