There’s only a month until the election, and next Friday, October 9, ballots will be sent to all of Colorado’s registered voters. Are you ready to vote? How are you planning to get engaged?
On the Ballot: Amendment 76
Amendment 76 has no immediate impact on voting requirements in Colorado related to residency or registration and does not change current election law that excludes noncitizens from voting. However, it does disenfranchise voters under 18 as current law currently allows 17-year-olds to vote in Primary elections and will no longer be eligible to do so.
CEA recommends you vote NO on Amendment 76.
Voting Resources and Reminders
- Visit www.cea.yourvoter.guide for voting information and candidate and ballot initiative recommendations
- Visit www.justvotecolorado.org for information on voter service centers, ballot dropboxes, and other voting FAQs
- Visit www.govotecolorado.com for voting information from Colorado’s Secretary of State.
- Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters in Colorado starting October 9.
- The last day to register to vote and still receive a ballot in the mail is October 26.
On Wednesday, October 7 at 4:30 PM, join us for our last webinar of the series with Colorado’s medical community. We’ll discuss where the COVID numbers are at and what trends we’re seeing in the numbers.
Fall Member Forums
We want to hear your #EducatorVoice! As a member-driven and member-led organization, CEA wants to hear your thoughts and ideas about how we can tackle the challenges Colorado’s educators and public schools are facing.
As always, if you have content ideas, or if you have a colleague who goes above and beyond and needs a shout out or if you have ideas on how we can improve the CEA Today, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.