CEA COVID-19 Resources

The Latest Resources & News about the Coronavirus from CEA

This page will be updated as the latest information becomes available.

Latest News Legal Information External Resources School Re-Opening

We have created this resources page to address common questions and concerns that CEA members may have as the pandemic continues to affect every aspect of our lives.

Remember, if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms consistent with infection, contact your healthcare provider immediately and follow reporting procedures established by your employer. Also notify your CEA Local or District as soon as possible.

There is information about benefits available to CEA members as the result of recently passed federal legislation that mandates paid sick days and paid family leave in some COVID-19 related situations and expands unemployment benefits.

Your local leadership will have the most up-to-date information on policies in place at your work location to address the COVID-19 pandemic and what action you should take if you believe you are being asked to work under unsafe conditions.

Here are some resources for CEA Members:

Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).

Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home.

-There is no treatment specifically approved for this virus.

-Testing results may be helpful to inform decision-making about who you come in contact with.


How to Get Tested

If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested call the Colorado Department Of Health or your local county health department or a medical provider. While supplies of these tests are increasing, it may still be difficult to find a place to get tested. As of 4-16-20 Colorado has adopted the US department of Health and Human Services criteria to select who to administer tests to.

“The Colorado State Public Health Lab will continue to prioritize analysis of COVID-19 samples based on the following criteria adapted from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services testing priorities.


Hospitalized patients

Health care workers with symptoms


Patients in long-term care facilities or other residential settings such as homeless shelters or correctional facilities with symptoms

Patients over age 65 with symptoms

Patients with underlying conditions with symptoms*

First responders with symptoms

Critical infrastructure workers with symptoms**

People with symptoms who work with vulnerable populations or in group residential settings


Other individuals with symptoms”

For more information: https://covid19.colorado.gov/testing

Mental health can be at risk during stressful times. Below are resources to help you cope with stress, depression, drug/alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, and domestic violence:

Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty

Colorado Crisis Services phone number: 1-844- 493-8255 or text “TALK” to 38255.


The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.

By dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The call is routed to the nearest crisis center in a national network of more than 150 crisis centers. The Lifeline’s national network of local crisis centers provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals day and night.

The Disaster Distress Hotline 24/7

365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Call (800)- 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Hotline advocates are available 24/7/365 to take your calls at (800) 799- SAFE (7233) or by texting LOVEIS to 22522.

Family Tree’s domestic violence hotline is 303-420-6752.

Safehouse Denver’s domestic violence shelter remains open. Call (303) 318-9959.

Alcoholics Anonymous 303-322-4440

Narcotics Anonymous 303-832-3784 Gamblers Anonymous 855-222-5542 FOR OLDER WORKERS

CO-HELP: Is a multilingual call line for general questions about COVID-19 303-389-1687

Policies should be established if not already in place, so that members can maintain appropriate physical/social distance (six feet or more) with the general public to reduce risk of transmission.

-Interaction with any “high touch” surface should be minimized.

-Avoid direct contact including handshakes.

-The exchange of items between members and the public should be minimized.

-Employers should maintain crowd controls to minimize overcrowding.

Employers should enable members to wash their hands frequently, and as needed. Diligent hand hygiene should be practiced throughout the work shift.

-Wash your hands frequently and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.

-Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.

Employers should provide EPA-approved microbial disinfectants to disinfect doors, surfaces, equipment, and surfaces that could facilitate the transmission of the virus with particular attention paid to “high touch” areas.

-Work locations should be disinfected regularly, throughout the day.

-Items that change hands should be disinfected.

-Work procedures should be established to minimize the need for members to handle customer/client items, e.g. such as placement in a tray.

-Disposable nitrile gloves can be provided for members with appropriate instruction and training on use, removal, and disposal. After removal of gloves, hands should be washed with soap and water.

For more information: List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 | US EPA

Front Range Mutual Aid

If you need help or are in a position to give The Front Range Mutual Aid network facilitates connecting community members who need help with those offering skills, resources, supplies, space.

To fill out the form go to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdbwDrX-tSW9Mktdnjirl4bXTiu8mKbAB1bjML9dnzYuTX3vw/viewform

Unemployment Benefits

The CARES Act has been signed into law, although it has yet to be rolled out and implemented by states. Additionally due to the high volume of calls to the unemployment call line The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment CDLE has instituted designated filing days according to last names. If you need to file an unemployment claim please check the information below from the CDLE’s notice on their website as of 4-6-20 or for more up to date information please check.  https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/unemployment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The CARES Act has been signed into law, but those benefits are not yet available until we receive official guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor.

-For those who are self-employed, independent contractors, gig-economy workers, and employees of nonprofit churches or other religious organizations, or who are requesting an extension of benefits, please check back with this page for the latest information. We will update this site and notify news outlets when we are ready to accept claims.

-For those who were previously eligible for regular unemployment and have already filed a claim, please continue to request payment every two weeks, even if you ran out of benefits already.

-If you are a traditional employee or pay premiums for your own wages, and are not working or had your hours reduced, file a regular unemployment claim:

-If your last name begins with a letter from A to M: Please file your unemployment claim on a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, or after 12 noon on Saturday.

-If your last name begins with a letter from N to Z: Please file your unemployment claim on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or before 12 noon on Saturday.

-If you want to file a regular unemployment claim, there are two ways to file, by phone or on the web. FILE BY PHONE: Call the Reemployment Call Center: 303-318-9000 Call Center Hours Monday – Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Thursday – Friday 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. FILE ON THE WEB: https://myui.coworkforce.com/Welcome

-When calling you will be asked for the following information, it will be helpful to have it ready and on hand: Social Security Number, Alien registration number, Pension information (if you are receiving any pension or 401k), recall date (if you expect to be recalled to your job), military DD-214, Member 4 Copy (if you were in the military in the past 18 months), Form SF-8 or SF-50 (if you were a federal civilian employee).

-For each employer that you worked for in the past 18 months, be prepared to have: complete name and address and phone number of employer, your occupation with begin and end dates, and wages, and reason for separation.

Be ready to choose a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) and decide 4 whether you want 10% federal income tax withheld from your benefits and if you wish to claim your dependents. You will also need to decide if you want to receive your benefits through direct deposit or through a debit card.

Federal and State Taxes

IRS Federal Tax Filing Day Delayed: On March 21, the IRS announced that the deadline to file federal taxes has been extended to July 15, 2020. If you are owed money, you can still file before that date and receive the money owed you sooner.

For more, visit: https://ww.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-daynow-july-15-treasury-irs-extend-filingdeadline-and-federal-tax-paymentsregardless-of-amount-owed.

The Governor has extended the tax payment deadline until July 15, 2020. Additionally, state tax returns that were due on April 15 have been given an extension and are now due on October 15. For more information, go to https://www.colorado.gov/tax/COVID-19-Updates#Income%20Tax%20Extension.


Under the CARES Act home owners with federally backed mortgages who are experiencing financial hardships as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic have the right to request a forbearance from their mortgage company for a period of 180 days approximately 6 months with the right to extend once for a period of 180 more days totaling 12 month period of 365 days. Most Mortgages in the US are federally backed through Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac or another government entity. If you are unsure if your mortgage is federally backed you should still call your mortgage company and ask about a forbearance.   

The CARES Act also puts a temporary moratorium on foreclosure of any federally backed home mortgage for a period of 60-days Which started on March 18 and will end on May 17. Foreclosure proceedings commenced before the bill’s passage are not exempt from the moratorium.

State Resources

The Colorado Foreclosure Hotline partners with nonprofit housing counseling agencies. Call (877) 601-HOPE for more information. Both pre-purchase counseling and mortgage counseling (delinquency and default) are available from the Colorado Housing Assistance Corporation. Call 303-572-9445 or visit chaconline.org for more information. Colorado Housing Connects provides access to resources for both homeowners and renters. Call (844) 926-6632 or visit http://www.coloradohousingconnects.org/.

Federal Resources Making Home Affordable

There are programs designed to provide assistance to unemployed homeowners struggling to keep up with their payments. Call (888) 995-4673 or visit: www.makinghomeaffordable.gov.

NACA’s Home Save Program

-For homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage, NACA is the most effective program in providing affordable solutions. Whether you cannot afford your monthly payments or your ARM has skyrocketed, NACA will help you achieve economic stability while keeping your home. Use the Budget Calculator at the bottom of this page to determine what you can afford to pay.

-Homeowners should call the Home Save Department at 801-401-6222 where you will be assigned a Home Save Advocate to assist you throughout the process in obtaining an affordable mortgage. This advocate will assist you with preparing for your initial counseling session.

Go to NACA’s Home Save webpage for more information.

VA Mortgages

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) aims to help Veterans retain their homes or avoid foreclosure. If you are struggling to make your mortgage payments, speak with a VA loan servicer as soon as possible. Contact your nearest regional loan center to explore your options. 877-827-3702 to speak to a loan technician. See https://www.va.gov/housing-assistance/ for more information.


On March 18, US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced a foreclosure and eviction moratorium for single family homeowners with FHAinsured mortgages for the next 60 days. For more information see: https://www.hud.gov/press/press_releases_media_advisories/HUD_No_20_042

On the same day, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced a 60- day foreclosure/eviction moratorium for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans (see: https://www.fhfa.gov/Media/PublicAffairs/Pages/FHFA-Suspends-Foreclosures-and-Evictions-for-Enterprise-Backed-Mortgages.aspx)

According to the FHFA press release, “Earlier this month, FHFA announced that [Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] would provide payment forbearance to borrowers impacted by the coronavirus. Forbearance allows for a mortgage payment to be suspended for up to 12 months due to hardship caused by the coronavirus.” To find out whether your loan qualifies, contact your mortgage company and ask about hardship forbearance.


Denver’s Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance (TRUA) offers resources to Denver residents who are facing a housing hardship to help prevent eviction or displacement.

If you can’t pay your rent or need help with utilities, you may be able to get up to 80% of your rent paid and help with your utilities. Payments are made directly to the landlord or utility company. To qualify you must be a Denver resident with income below $52,000 for a single person, or $74,250 or less for a household of four.

To apply, Call 3-1-1 and press 6.

-You will be asked some basic questions, like your ZIP code

-A local nonprofit partner will be assigned to help you

-You will be asked to:

-Provide proof of your household income

-Provide proof of Denver residency

-Provide proof of your rent due, or rent increase notice

-Provide information about the cause of your housing crisis (job loss, unsafe housing conditions, potential eviction, and/or shutoff notice)

-Participate in housing counseling and benefit navigation services

For more Information: https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/housing-information/resident-resources/stay-in-your-home/rent-utility-help.html

Colorado Housing Connects provides access to resources for both homeowners and renters http://www.coloradohousingconnects.org/ or call (844) 926-6632.

If you currently are renting your property, discuss your circumstances with your landlord immediately and negotiate a mutually acceptable written payment plan or discuss other ways to pay off your obligation. Call the Financial Empowerment Center at 720-944-2498 early in the process to receive guidance and assistance regarding landlord/tenant problems.

Before the landlord can pursue the matter in court, he must notify the tenant of the infraction and give him time to correct it. If the matter involves the nonpayment of rent or a major lease violation, the tenant is given three days to comply. If you get an eviction notice and you want to stay in your home, you must respond immediately to any documents you receive.

Utility Bills and Energy Assistance

Xcel Energy

“During this time, disconnections for nonpayment of gas service in Colorado has been halted.”

-“With all portions of our business (including electric), the company continues preparedness efforts related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and is modifying its pay arrangement policies. Our Customer Contact Center has been advised to consider Coronavirus/COVID-19 impacts when working with customers to set pay arrangements, and to adjust requirements to meet customer’s individual needs accordingly.”

-“If customers are having trouble with their bills, below is a link that offers several places (including Xcel Energy) to seek assistance: (https://www.xcelenergy.com/…/energy_assis…/energy_assistance).”

Denver Water

-“During the COVID-19 response, Denver Water has suspended all scheduled water-shut-offs resulting from delinquent payment to ensure customers continue to have access to water. Specific to financial hardships, if a customer is concerned about being able to pay their water bill, they should continue to contact Denver Water’s customer care team at 303-893-2444, Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Our team will work with each customer to evaluate applicable options, such as payment plans, waiving late fees, delaying water turn-offs, or connecting the customer with other resources such as TRUA (Temporary Rent and Utility Assistance). Many staff are in the process of moving to alternate work locations or home-based work, so we are in a transition phase. We are working hard to maintain service levels, but we do ask for everyone’s patience.”

LEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program):

LEAP provides a supplement to assist qualifying low-income individuals with the cost of heating costs. Apply at: https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/.

Both Xcel Energy and Denver Water have announced that they will not shut off service for non-payment of bills.

If you are having trouble paying your bills contact Denver Water at (303) 893-2444 or Xcel Energy at (800) 895-4999 to discuss a payment plan.

As soon as you know that you may have difficulty paying your bill, call the utility company (gas, electric, water, phone) to arrange a payment plan. Do NOT wait until you receive a shut-off notice.

If you have questions or complaints about a utility company, contact the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC). The PUC regulates the gas, electric and phone, and cable companies. Call 303-894-2070 or dora_puc_website@state.co.us

Utility companies are required to offer budget billing plans, payment plans for needy customers and special protection for the ill.

Free & Reduced Cost Internet

If you need internet at home, Comcast has a free/low cost programs for people who are on SNAP, TANF, MEDICAID, WIC or other public assistance.

Comcast’s Internet Essentials program is free for the first two months and then $9.95 after that. More information at: https://www.internetessentials.com/.

Call to negotiate a lower rate. Ask your cable company for the customer retention department. Tell them that you will be cancelling your account if you can’t negotiate a lower rate.

Food Bank of the Rockies

Food Bank of the Rockies has a list of sites that are providing emergency food assistance. A map of food distribution sites in the Denver area is also available.

The Denver Emergency Food Network https://www.denverdelivered.com/

Care and Share

Care and share is a network of Food Pantries in Southern Colorado

Food Bank Larimer County


Community Food Shares

Boulder area food bank

Weld County Food Bank


Temporary Assistance Programs

You should be aware that many assistance programs are run through your state, county or municipal government. You may be eligible for assistance from the government through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), to apply go to: https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/

 SNAP recipients, who are expectant mothers or have children under the age of 5 years, are eligible for Women, Infant and Children (WIC) benefits, which are also redeemed for groceries at authorized retailers like grocery stores. Even if you are not eligible for SNAP based on income, you may be eligible for WIC. 9 When households with school-age children apply for SNAP, and are determined eligible, they are direct certified for NSLBP (National School Lunch and Breakfast Program). Some SNAP recipients are also eligible for cash assistance through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, called Colorado Works. Contact (720) 944-4347 or visit https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/.

Resources for Homebound Families, Elders, and/or People who are Immunocompromised

-Project Angel Heart (meal delivery for people living with life-threatening illnesses) https://www.projectangelheart.org/

-Struggle of Love Foundation is doing food distribution Monday-Thursday 11-2 pm at 12000 E. 47th Ave. Denver, CO 80239, will do delivery for seniors and people with disabilities

Assistance with Pet Food

If you need help affording pet food, contact the Colorado Pet Pantry at (303) 818-0618

Children under the age of 18

As of March 18, ALL Colorado schools are closed for in-person learning until at least April 30. Denver Public Schools is offering free breakfast and lunch meals to students and their families at 12 locations throughout the city, weekdays from Monday, March 30 until circumstances change. Food will only be available in grab-and-go packaging to avoid congregating.

Grab-and-Go Meal Pickup Monday–Friday 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. For a list of locations, see: https://www.dpsk12.org/coronavirus/#food

To receive a list of meal food sites you can text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877 or for an interactive map with meal sites and accompanying information like times of operation across the state please visit:  https://dhsem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9d4c088bca3b4166994dcb0dbbec6f94

Denver Parks and Recreation Center Meals (Tasty Food Program)

Denver Youth Eat Free: Grab-and-Go suppers will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for youth between the ages of 1 – 18, Monday – Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m, March 16-April 6th, 2020. Updated information and a full list of all Tasty Food Sites and Schedules are available online https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov /en/office-of-childrens-affairs/programs/tastyfood.html.

The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)

Ensures that low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. This summer, USDA plans to serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under at approved SFSP sites. Information will be available in May.

Health Care


The Federal COBRA law requires that most employers offer you and your family a temporary extension of health coverage at group rates, called “continuation coverage”. Depending on the circumstances of your job departure, you, your spouse and dependent children may be eligible for coverage for a minimum of 18 months with a possible extension to 36 months in certain circumstances. You may be required to pay the full premium, including your employer’s contribution. Contact your insurance provider.

Some states have created a new, temporary open enrollment period. Find out more here: https://tinyurl.com/qtbx5h6


Medicare is a federally funded medical insurance program administered by the Social Security Administration. You are eligible for Medicare hospital insurance if you:

-Are 65 and receive Social Security or railroad retirement benefits

-Have received Social security disability benefits for 24 months For more information about these requirements and other features of the Medicare program, call:

Social Security Administration (800) 772-1213 Or visit www.ssa.gov


 (Health First Colorado) Medicaid is a state implemented medical program to help you obtain health care and 11 related services. Those eligible for Medicaid include low-income:

– Families receiving or who are eligible for TANF

– individuals who are age 65 or older, blind or disabled

– Social Security Income (SSI) recipients

– Children who are born in the U.S., even if their parents are not citizens or legal residents

– Pregnant women and children if they meet both an income and assets test You can apply through www.connectforhealthco.com or https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com/.

Low-income families with children and/or teens may be eligible for health insurance through the state CHIP program even if they don’t qualify for Medicaid/Health First Colorado.

For more information, call: CHP+ Customer Service (800) 221-3943 or visit https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/child-health-plan-plus.

WOMEN WITH INFANTS & CHILDREN – WIC WIC provides nutritious foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals to health and other social services to participants at no charge. WIC serves income eligible pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, and infants and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk. Apply here: https://www.coloradowic.gov/

Prescription Drug Discount Resources The State of Colorado believes it is important to make information available to the public concerning ways to purchase lower-cost prescription drugs. Find resources here: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/prescription-drug-discount-resources

Finally, if all else fails, your family doctor or local hospital does not want to see you ignore health problems. If you have lost your health coverage, speak to your doctor about the possibility of negotiating reduced fees and payment schedules.

Social Security

 If you are 62 or older you may be eligible for Social Security benefits. If you begin collecting before age 65, your benefits will be reduced. The amount of benefits that you receive is based on your lifetime earnings.

You can apply for benefits online at: https://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/ as of this writing, all Social Security Administration Offices are closed, please apply online. Limited services are available by phone, (800) 772-1213.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

 SSI is a federal program that pays monthly benefits to people who are 65 or older, or blind, or have a disability and who don’t own much or have a lot of income. SSI isn’t just for adults. Monthly benefits can go to disabled and blind children, too. For information, call Social Security at the number listed above.

Resources for Retired Members

-Seniors’ Resource Center is still providing transportation for medical and food needs: https://www.srcaging.org/

-Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado Office Older Coloradans seeking assistance getting nutritious food, call (844) 265- 2372

-Meals On Wheels provides meals for seniors who are home-bound. https://www.voacolorado.org/coronavirus. (303) 294-0111

-A Little Help can support with grocery/prescription runs for seniors https://www.alittlehelp.org/content/contact-us

-Grocery stores and some retail locations are offering seniors-only hours: https://kdvr.com/community/stores-offering-senior-shopping-hours/

-If you are an LGBTQ elder or care for one, call the free SAGE Hotline, tollfree, at 877-360-LGBT (5428).

The SAGE LGBT Elder Hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. https://www.sageusa.org/what-wedo/sage-national-lgbt-elder-hotline/

Student Loans

After the passage of the CARES Act all federally held student loans will go into automatic forbearance that will last from March 13, 2020, through Sept. 30, 2020. If you made a payment after March 13, you are eligible for a refund. Many student loan servicers like NelNet have already created a web portal to handle requests for those that have not, It is advised you call your student loan servicer directly. Some federal loans such as Perkins loans and private student loans are not affected by the CARES Act and still should be paid. https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/coronavirus#forbearance-questions

Burial Assistance


FEMA has a program called Disaster Funeral Assistance that provides help for expenses related to the funeral of an immediate family member who died as a result of a major disaster or emergency. UNFORTUNATELY, AT THE TIME OF THIS WRITING, THIS BENEFIT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO VICTIMS OF CORONAVIRUS. There is pending legislation to change this. You can read more about the program at https://www.fema.gov/disaster-funeral-assistance. You can check what Federal Benefits you can access at https://www.disasterassistance.gov/.

VA Benefits

If your family member served in the US armed forces, he/she may be eligible for VA. There are many different scenarios, so check https://www.va.gov/burials-memorials/veterans-burial-allowance/ or call (800) 827-1000 to find out if your family member is eligible.

Social Security

If the deceased was receiving Social Security Benefits at the time of their death, a surviving spouse or children may be eligible for a one-time Social Security Lump Sum Death Payment of $255. For more information, https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/4392. To apply, call To apply, call (800) 772-1213, TTY (800) 325-0778.


Burial Assistance – Denver Human Services (DHS) Provides financial assistance to help pay for funeral and burial expenses for Denver County decedents. Applicants for burial assistance must qualify financially, (the deceased did not leave sufficient funds for funeral and burial expenses and their family members are unable to provide for such expenses). Call the Human Services Department at (720) 944-4347.

Health Insurance

Some Health Insurance programs may include a burial benefit. Check with the deceased’s insurance company.

Legal Assistance

If you are in a situation where you need legal advice or legal representation, there are reduced legal fee resources, and in some cases, free legal advice available. A few resources are provided below:

Colorado Legal Services

Legal help for low-income Coloradans seeking assistance with civil legal need. Call 303-837-1313 or visit https://www.coloradolegalservices.org/.

Tenant/Landlord Disputes

There are legal resources available for help with evictions and other landlord/tenant disputes.

Tenant’s/Renter’s Rights Resources/Counseling: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQABJuY4-YZmSk_OEYKOaWD4Vmw1_7wiDHmEoIjTqoBnqPsfQgNXDQgYf5_hT9zJjejaIfAfMnVBJZn/pub

CEA Member Legal Information

For information regarding school district employment issues, go to the CEA Member Legal Information page:  https://www.coloradoea.org/cea-covid-19-resource-page/cea-covid-19-member-legal-information/

Resources for Immigrants—CIRC

More Resources Here

Some members who are not citizens may be concerned about whether accessing governmental help to get testing and treatment for COVID-19.

US Citizens and Immigration Services issued the following statement:

“To address the possibility that some aliens impacted by COVID-19 may be hesitant to seek necessary medical treatment or preventive services, USCIS will neither consider testing, treatment, nor preventative care (including vaccines, if a vaccine becomes available) related to COVID-19 as part of a public charge inadmissibility determination, nor as related to the public benefit condition applicable to certain nonimmigrants seeking an extension of stay or change of status, even if such treatment is provided or paid for by one or more public benefits, as defined in the rule (e.g. federally funded Medicaid).”

Read the full statement at: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/publiccharge.

Contact Us

Do you have a COVID-19/coronavirus related question? Ask us and we’ll try to get you the most up-to-date, accurate information possible.